At Pendeen School, children are taught in an individual Reception class and Year One are taught in a mixed class with Year Two children.
We provide a fun and exciting curriculum that allows them to succeed as unique individuals and celebrate their achievements. We provide a place where the children are inspired and develop an interest in learning for life, within a happy, creative and secure environment.
We aim to:
- Encourage our children to believe in themselves, while equipping them with the fundamental skills to enjoy and achieve in life
- Create a stimulating learning environment, both inside and outside, which ensures each child achieves their full potential
- Ensure that every child receives a broad and balanced education of the highest standard, and are helped to discover their individual strengths
- Maintain a safe, nurturing, happy environment where every child matters and each child feels safe, cared for, loved and supported
- Encourage respect for each other and for the environment
- Create motivated, self-disciplined, confident, independent thinkers
- Nurture the spiritual, moral, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of each individual for life
- Build strong partnerships with families to create an open and welcoming school
- Support and develop curious minds, nurturing children to develop the desire to explore new ideas
- Foster a sense of awe and wonder and develop natural curiosity, so children enjoy learning in and out of school
The Foundation Stage Curriculum is made up of seven areas of learning and development. These are divided into three prime areas and four specific areas.
The three prime areas are:
- Communication and Language
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Physical development
These are then supported by specific areas that strengthen the prime areas. The specific areas are:
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Further Statutory information about the Foundation Stage Curriculum can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/early-years-foundation-stage-framework--2
with non-statutory information here: