Family workers provide support for families with children aged 9 months-12 years who are able to give their consent and commit to engage in support.
Family Workers can help with the following:
- Parenting issues which cannot be resolved by attending a parenting course and when the child's behaviour is seriously impacting the family.
- Supporting parents to understand their child's behaviour.
- Family workers can support children with low level anxiety, increasing emotional resilient, recognising and managing their emotions, bereavement and family breakdown.
- Lack of Meal/ Bed time/ daily routines which are impacting on the family, e.f. reduced school attendance or persistent lateness.
- Debt or housing advice which cannot be support by a visit to the CAB.
If you feel that a Family worker could help you and your family, you can self refer through the Early Help Hub by accessing https://www.supportincornwall.org.uk/kb5/cornwall/directory/family.page?familychannel=0 or join Kathleen for an advice session in school.